We are HIRING!
email cover letter and resume to: email@example.com
Part-Time Art Teacher 6-15 hours
Love Art? Love Inspiring Kids? Ready to make a difference?
About the job:
Studio 4 Art is hiring. We are looking for a qualified lead teacher for a part-time position, Monday-Friday, with some Saturdays. You may choose the weekday that works with your schedule, we currently have Monday and Wednesday classes that are available for immediate openings. Limited hours for this after school enrichment position which would be a perfect fit for a college student. Hours are usually 1:30-4:30 and you may teach 1 day or up to 4 depending on your availability and skill. Our mobile art program offers classes in Sausalito, Mill Valley, San Anselmo, and Novato. Currently seaking for our San Anselmo location. Pay rate is hourly in studio and when teaching our mobile program pay rate is per class. Competitive salary based on experience and qualifications. There is paid mileage where applicable.
• This position is for teaching art to children in traditional techniques and contemporary twists, we train our teaching philosophy
• Develop and implement age-appropriate curriculum following Studio 4 Art’s philosophy
• Interact with parents and caregivers in person and on phone
• Set-up and clean-up after class in a timely manner
• Attend teacher meetings and complete administrative tasks, this can at times be over the phone
• Summary email to families about what their child has learned through the session
• Must feel comfortable and competent working with craft materials and art supplies; we train our teachers in ceramics, painting, sewing, drawing, and mixed media. If you have any of these skills, please let us know in your resume.
Candidate must be an energetic self-starter who display a professional and friendly demeanor and absolutely love children and the energy they bring. Lead teachers must be well versed in child development, teaching techniques and classroom management, curriculum development, and parent interaction. Lead teachers preferably have at least 1-2 years experience in a group setting, or in working with school aged children. You must be comfortable in creative chaos.
• Must pass a criminal background check and TB (Tuberculosis) test clearance
• Must have your own transportation, you will need a vehicle that can carry art supplies
• Must have a valid California Driver's License and proof of current auto insurance
• Must have a mobile phone and access to email when on school sites
• Must be punctual and reliable
• Must be able to perform basic administrative tasks
• Must be able to keep detailed records
• Must maintain confidentiality and demonstrate integrity
Birthday Party Wrangler
Birthday Party instructor is a weekend position. You must be available Saturday and/or Sunday from 9-5, this is an as needed position. As Birthday Party instructor you are responsible for overseeing all birthday parties in the studio, including being the contact person on the day of with the birthday, leader of art project, making sure the party flows with great energy and all needs are met for the families attending, clean up and set up, both prior, during and after each party. Studio 4 Arts Birthday Party wrangler is committed to making sure each family that comes to the studio has a terrific experience and can’t wait to come back.
*This position could include tips and bonuses.
*If you are looking for more hours and have the skills for both of these positions, there is room to discuss combining both jobs.